by Hanneke du Preez
It is no secret that digs life is detrimental to one’s financial well-being.
Tried and tested, these homemade cleaning products will save you a few bucks.
· 2 cups of water
· 15 drops of tea tree oil
Mix the ingredients together and store in a spray bottle. When using it, spray the mixture onto a surface and wipe it with a cloth.
· 1 ½ cups baking soda
· ½ cup environmentally safe liquid laundry soap (Simple Truth from Checkers, for example)
· 10 drops tea tree, lavender, or lemon essential oil
Mix baking soda and laundry soap in a mixing bowl, stirring vigorously to form a paste. Add essential oil and mix well. Store in an airtight container.
If the mixture begins to dry out, add a small amount of water and mix well.
Fabric Stain Remover
· 2/3 cup biodegradable dish detergent
· 2/3 cup ammonia
· 6 Tbsp baking soda
· 2 cups warm water
Mix the all ingredients together, and then pour into a spray bottle. Spray onto the stain, let it rest a bit, then launder as normal.
Homemade Air Freshener
· 12 – 15 drops of pure essential oil (grapefruit, lemon, orange, lavender)
· ½ cup white vinegar
· 1/12 cups water
Combine in a spray bottle, shake, and spray to freshen the room! (Shake before each use).
Homemade Laundry Detergent
· ½ cup Borax
· ½ cup washing soda
· ½ cup of biodegradable dish soap
· 4 cups hot water
· Clean, empty gallon plastic jug (i.e. recycled juice/milk jug)
Combine the first three ingredients in the container (you may need a funnel to get it in there) and then pour in the water to dissolve the ingredients. Fill the container to the top with cold water. Shake before each use. For a standard-sized load of laundry, ¼ cup should work. Use a little more for a more heavily-soiled load.